When the sakura bloom / Narisa Togo ; English adaptation by Michael Sedunary.
- ISBN: 0648953319 : HRD
- ISBN: 9780648953319 : HRD
- ISBN: 9780648953319 (hardback)
- ISBN: 0648953319 (hardback)
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : colour illustrations ; 24 x 31 cm.
- Publisher: Kew East, VIC : Berbay Publishing Pty Ltd, 2021.
- Copyright: ©2020.
Originally published by Fukuinkan Shoten Publishers, Inc., Tokyo, Japan, in 2020 under the title 'Sakura Ga Sakuto'.
Why do the Japanese make such a fuss over cherry blossom season? Sure, they're beautiful, but is there something deeper that the rest of us are missing? When the Sakura Bloom by Nariso Togo sheds light on the cultural significance of cherry blossom season in Japan, and an insight into the unique mindset of its people. Through subtle text and gentle imagery readers will see the importance of slowing down to appreciate the moment. That comfort, not despair, can be found in the inevitable cycles of the seasons. How change can usher in opportunities and rejuvenation. Moreover, When the Sakura Bloom is an understated illustration of the importance of celebrating the fleeting, delicate beauty of nature; and the metaphor this represents for life itself.
|Target Audience Note:||
For primary school children.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Prunus > Pictorial works > Juvenile fiction.
Trees > Japan > Pictorial works > Juvenile fiction.
Nature > Pictorial works > Juvenile fiction.
Children's stories > Pictorial works.
Japan > Pictorial works > Juvenile fiction.
|Genre:||Picture books for children.
- 4 of 5 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Rowayton Library.
- 0 current holds with 5 total copies.