The Farmette cookbook : recipes and adventures from my life on an Irish farm
- ISBN: 1611802040 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9781611802047 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1611802040 : HRD
- ISBN: 9781611802047 : HRD
- ISBN: 9781611802047 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1611802040 (hardcover : alk. paper)
xx, 361 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: Boulder : Roost Books, 2016.
|Formatted Contents Note:||Traditional Dairy Skills -- In the Bread Box -- Potatoes -- Orchard -- From the Sea -- A Walk on the Wild Side -- Sweet and Savory Pies and Tarts -- Country Suppers -- Sunday Lunch -- New Traditions -- Puddings, Cakes, and Confections -- Country Kids.|
|Summary, etc.:||"The Farmette Cookbook is more than just a cookbook, it's a chronicle of Imen's journey, embracing her new identity as a farmer's wife, discovering new tastes, feeding her family, and finding her way around the Irish kitchen, where traditional cooking trumps quick and convenient. Here, Imen shares her tried-and-true classic Irish recipes, infused with a contemporary American twist: from her Best Brown Bread, Fish-'n'-Chip Pie, and Richard's "Proper" Irish Coffee to Farmhouse Buttermilk Beignets, Hot-Smoked Burren Salmon Tacos, and an Irish Hedgerow Shandy. Highlighting farmhouse skills (such as butter and cheese making) and the use of local, wholesome ingredients, Imen invites us into her kitchen and her world, through stories and recipes, for a taste of the Irish countryside."--Publisher's description.|
Search for related items by subject
Country life Ireland
- 4 of 6 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Rowayton Library.
- 0 current holds with 6 total copies.